Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Week 14: "I find them quite nice.."

What do you know, it's Monday! Happy Monday!

This last week has been full of good stuff. Full of miracles, and full of happiness.

One of the highlights was when I got to go on exchange! Sister Lambert, a sister trainer leader, got to come hang out with me in Eastwood for about 24 hours. Once she got here, we got to teach our 14 yr old investigator, Wayne. We had planned to teach him the word of wisdom, but when we learned he hadn't really felt like he'd gotten an answer to any of his prayers our plans changed. We went through the process of helping him recognizing the spirit, and ended up with him praying then and there to know if the Book of Mormon is true. In the last few minutes, the spirit was so strong I had to concentrate to not let tears form! After he said his prayer, and we talked about how he felt, it was like a light bulb went on in his mind. He realized that God truly had been answering his prayers! It was definitely a privilege to be there during that lesson.

After the lesson we had dinner at a Scottish member's home. She made us fish pie, and I came to find out that Sister Lambert doesn't like fish.. So being the good person I am, I had to shovel her food onto my plate while the member wasn't looking, and eat ALL of the fish pie! SO MUCH FISH PIE. We had to walk our bikes home after that, because I'm pretty sure I would have thrown up. But it was worth it! It actually did taste nice. Later that night on exchange, we stopped by a recent convert when Sister Lambert asked him how the missionaries found him, or how he found the missionaries. He responded by saying "I find the missionaries quite nice, and definitely helpful. I think they find me as a nutter." Yeah.. not exactly what she asked but hey, he likes the missionaries!

Oh, also on Sunday we had the opportunity to stop by a less active we've been trying to get a hold of for ages! We were talking to her and I asked her if she still read her scriptures and prayed and everything.. to which she told us she had stopped everything. She was still nice though, and gave us nice glasses of water. We talked a bit, and she explained that she left the church because of some things that had happened with some members. Pretty sad story actually. But as Sister Heikki and I talked about it afterwards, we realized that yes, we should be able to rely on leaders of the church, but they are still imperfect beings. There is truly only two beings that we can rely on 100% of the time, and they are God and Jesus Christ. We cannot put our faith in mortal beings, because we will eventually be disappointed. We must make sure that our faith is truly founded on Christ and His doctrine, otherwise we may end up in a place we don't want to be. Anyways, when we left the house we saw a quad (BoM,Bible,Pearl of Great Price, and D&C) sat on a table.. hmmm... we got the vibe that she secretly still reads them :) but who knows. Maybe she just likes the look of a fat leather religious book on her table.

I guess that's it till next week folks. Stay wonderful!

Love,
Sister Slack

PS Shout out to my mom for having a birthday!!! The big 45
The district. Me, Sister Heikki, Elder Hall, Elder Winder

 on our way to zone meeting on the bus

Me & Sister Lambert

And I decided to have a Christmas party.

No comments:

Post a Comment