Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Week 23: Week of WONDERS

Wow. Pretty much I cannot believe it has only been a week since I was last in this chair. So much has happened since that day! 

The week started off with some excitement, we rushed around and walked up to the chapel with our pal Sherlock to take him to his baptismal interview! We were buzzing, he was nervous, and it was awesome. Turns out that interviews take longer than 10 minutes, so while we were waiting for him to finish his interview, we swapped companions and started an exchange with our sister trainer leaders. I got to spend 24 hours with Sister Andrew! Well eventually Sherlock came out of the interview room, and he passed! Yay! So we celebrated with some chocolate and fizzy drink, yes it was soda people. 

During the 24 hours Sister Andrew and I were running around like mad women teaching and preaching the truth. She's a pretty cool sister, and it is always fun to see how other people do missionary work. 

Wow, ok so I don't really have much time left, but to make a long story short, it was an amazing week! The highlight was definitely Thursday night. We were able to walk up to the chapel with Sherlock, and see him enter into the waters of baptism. It was such an incredible experience. He was so happy, he couldn't stop smiling, and neither could we! It was so awesome to see our friend be baptized, and it was awesome to see how the ward was so excited to have him join them. Pretty much, it was awesome-sorry for my lack of eloquence. 

On sunday I also was able to give a talk on the phrase "Am I my brother's keeper?". It's always fun to speak to the ward, and in summary I told them that "this gospel is a gospel of comfort, but it is a gospel that constantly pushes us out of our comfort zone." We are in this gospel to grow together and individually, so we cannot resist the way God wants us to grow. 

I love being a missionary!
till next time,

Sister Slack

Swans and pigeons EVERYWHERE

Sherlock's Baptism

 And a cute little boot on a sign 

No comments:

Post a Comment