Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Week 26: Happy Christmas almost

Wow so It turns out I don't have much time left, but I'll summarize my week hopefully super duper fast. 

This week was full of miracles, and full of laughs. Sister Butler and I had the opportunity to walk to the Church in the rain, and we got to see a rainbow! Not just any rainbow, we got to see the end of the rainbow! It was at this moment that I realized that I am in fact a leprechaun. It was a great moment. 

So this week we had some super incredible miracles, and here is one that I sent to my mission president that I'll share with all of you: 

This week we planned to find someone who could be a friend to Sherlock, so they could support each other in the gospel here and in China. We asked to find someone who has been here about a year, and who is outgoing and open minded and prepared to accept the gospel. We were looking for someone Chinese, tall and with a clean shaven face and with glasses, and we told Heavenly Father that we were going to be on a street near the Uni ready to find him. We talked to a few people at first, and then, suddenly we saw him. Walking towards us, was the exact description of what we had asked God for. We stopped him and talked to him for a few minutes, and after setting up a return appointment for the next day and walking away I nearly fell on my face! It could not have been planned better in a movie... This man had everything we had planned to look for. The best part? His name is Benny. After Bennedict Cumberbatch, the name of the actor who plays Sherlock Holmes in the tv series. God didn't just find us a friend for Sherlock, but he gave us his other half. Kinda weird when I say it that way.. but hey. It is all meant to be! My faith has definitely increased over this past week. I know it was only because we were prepared to find him, that we could find someone that was prepared for us. 

I love this gospel, and I know that Jesus Christ lives and loves us! 

Love you all!

-Sister Slack 

Best name in the world

When we taught Jeremy before he left home for China

This girl definitely wants a book of mormon for Christmas :D

No comments:

Post a Comment