Friday, December 26, 2014

Week 27: Happy Boxing Day!

Hey there everybody. No, it is not Monday, but yes, it is pday! In the UK today is Boxing Day, which is like a Thanksgiving mixed with a Black Friday. It's a national holiday, so it's a family day and we get to spend it emailing!

This morning we had the chance to go and play football with some other missionaries and ward members. Turns out it decided to rain on boxing day, so there was lots of nice mud for us to play on. It was awesome. We were running around and having a blast, and my legs are dead. Since we don't run anywhere, I think you could say it was a bit of a shock to the system. But it was so much fun!

Oh, and in case you weren't aware, yesterday was Christmas! Sister Butler and I had a nice adventure out on the beach, where we buried treasure, took some sick pics, and even found a shrimp! We even fed some pigeons, gotta say I was grossed out.. but sometimes you just have to do things anyway. 

We spent our Christmas evening at a members home, where we were able to skype our families. It was definitely amazing to see those people again! We also got to play some Yahtzee, where I totally was dominating the whole game. Just so you know. 

This week we also had a lovely district meeting, where we got to have a pinata. They decided to hang it up on the basketball hoop for us to hit, and they made me go first. It turns out that I was actually too short to hit it, so it was basically 5 minutes of blindfolded Sister Slack jumping in the air, trying to hit the pinata. Finally, when I took the blindfold off, I did get a few good hits in there. 

Christmas Eve there was a carol service at the chapel, and it was amazing. The Spirit that comes with listening and singing Christmas hymns is always incredible. It was amazing to be able to be surrounded by the true Spirit of Christmas. the birth of Jesus Christ was definitely amazing, and It was so awesome to be able to remember all that Jesus Christ did for us throughout his life. I know that He is our Savior, and I know that it is because of Him that we can come closest to God. I love being a missionary!

Love, 
Sister Slack







No comments:

Post a Comment