Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Week 47: Happy post mothers day!

Hello Everyone! 

Well, first things first, happy late mothers day, mom! We had the opportunity to skype our families yesterday for mothers day, and it was amazing. Families are the best thing in this world. I found out as well that my lovely brother Stockton got his mission call to Argentina, the Buenos Aires South mission. Being a missionary is the best thing in the world!

Chicken feet
This week we had lots of meetings again, but also lots of miracles. On Wednesday, we had the opportunity to make (more like watch) chinese food with Candy and her flat mate, Muse. It was so fun to see everything they do to prepare it all. We saw this pot of something that looked like claws, and we asked what it was and Candy told us "Chicken feet". It had honestly never crossed my mind that chicken feet had any meat on them or we edible or anything.. but they didn't taste too bad. The only problem was that you could see the little toe nails of the chicken foot, and so I was only able to manage 2 of them. Afterwards I felt a little sick because I kept thinking about it, but everything else we had was pretty tasty. So it is all good. After we had made the food, we sat down and started to talk to Muse about her beliefs. It turns out that when she traveled to singapore, her friends took her to church. Ever since she had gone, she went and bought a bible and has had so many questions about it, but no one could answer them. (Can you feel how excited we were getting? She is gold) We told her about how that is pretty much what we do all day every day. We asked if we could teach her, and she responded with an enthusiastic "Yes!" We are excited to teach her again this week.

We also got to go on exchange with the Glenfield sisters. I got to bring Sister Alexandroia to Coventry. It was so fun, we got to see a lot of people, and we met some incredible people as well. We got to teach our friend Joyce about how the church is organized, and we eventually started talking about baptism again. We asked her how she felt about it, and she said "Actually, I think I am more ready for it now." She is travelling to Australia for a week, but she should be baptised once she comes back. We are so excited. With Sister Alexandroia, we were eating lunch and we had about 20 minutes left before we had to go. I asked her what she wanted to do, and she said "McDonalds." Say no more, we leaped into the car and sped (at the speed limit) on over to MD and got some delicious Mcflurry's. So delicious.

On Saturday, when we exchanged back, Sister Thomson and I were talking to people on our way back to the car to pick up some supplies. We see this family, and we start talking to them. As we are speaking to them, I look across the road and see Tony! He is a guy we've been working with for a bit, but we haven't gotten a hold of him in over a month. We finish talking to the family and get their information, and then I look up and Tony is gone. I think I see him go into Iceland (a grocery store), and so we book it inside after him. We look around for a minute, and then, there he is. Right next to the frozen food section. We walk up to him and he is so surprised to see us, and then he enthusiastically tells us that he really wants to come to church. Here is how it went: "I need to come to church. I need to give you my shoe or something so that I can come and get it from you.. but I need my shoes, it's cold outside." And then Sister Thomson says: "Well we can take  your watch." And he says "OK". So we took his watch. 

The next day we are waiting for people to come to church. Did Tony come to get his watch? nope. We called him later that day only to find out that he left his phone at a friends house, so we had no way to find him. But hey, now we have a real nice and fancy watch on our hands. All we really want though is for people to come to church. 

Being a missionary is the best thing in the world. Yes, we are going full circle. I love knowing that I am doing God's work, and that this church is true. It is amazing to watch people's lives change, and to feel the spirit so much. Sunday after church there was a baptismal service for 2 chinese lads getting baptised. The first guy, poor thing, had to be dunked 6 times before they got it right. The next guy, 1 and done. It was great. Both Grace and Candy were able to speak and bear their testimonies at the service, and it was amazing to hear of how they felt the spirit. I know that everyone that was there was definitely impressed, and we all felt God's love.

That's about it for now. 'Till next time!

Love,
Sister Slack
 Elsa and Anna everyone
Making food with Candy and Muse
Beautiful Coventry
More coventry
Ice cream with Sister Alexandroia
 Everyone walking to Church
and my beautiful family!

No comments:

Post a Comment