Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 58: Miracle Bread

Hello everyone! It's me again.

This week is full of miracles. So I'll just start off by telling you about the miracle day because I don't have too much time (surprise).

It was a Thursday, and we had district meeting and so this lady in the ward usually makes a lunch. So we went and picked it up, and it seemed gluten free so we took it with us. After the meeting, we were having lunch and I looked at the package, and there was lots of gluten inside of the meal :( sad day. So, the plan was to pretty much just go hungry until we had a moment where we could stop and get something, or until dinner. Let's be honest, no one likes to go hungry. So it was kinda sad, but I was ready to stick it out. Then, I looked around the kitchen at the church, and there was a bag with a gluten free roll inside! It was seriously a miracle haha. I was so excited that I could eat something, I knew it would be a great day.

Later that day we had a few minutes to go outside and talk to people on the street. We stopped this one Polish lady, and she invited us to her home right then and she took us back and introduced us to her brother and her husband. They sat us down, and we started to talk about the gospel, and the first thing they wanted to talk about was baptism! Wow. Yeah so that was really great, and we set up a time to come back with polish material so we could teach them better. Then we got to meet with a recent convert we had lost contact with, and it was amazing. Then we went and had a few super spiritual lessons with two of our investigators, and then we went by our friend Jermaine. He is a cool kid. He has been meeting with the sisters for a few months, and on that day he prayed for the first time with us. It was incredible. He just really wants to follow what God has planned for him.

We had two exchanges this week, I got to go to Lincoln with Sister Owusu, and it was amazing! We had about 15 minutes to talk to people on the street, and the first guy we stop was super interested so we taught him a lesson and he wants to introduce his family to the church. The sisters reported that he came to church on sunday so it was pretty amazing :) and then we had exchange with Derby. Remember Sister Butler? She was my companion in Swansea. I trained her as a missionary! She is in Derby so we got to go together and have a blast. I love her so much! It was great.

We also met this really cool Slovakian family. That lady from last week who I really felt prompted to stop is amazing. Her name is Helena, and she told us on Monday that she has wanted people like us to come over for a while, but was never able to find them. Miracles people. People are prepared for the gospel of Christ :)

That's about all I have time for this week. Things are going great.  I love being a missionary. I love this work, I love my companion Sister Miller, and it's the best here.

Enjoy the last week of July!!

Love,
Sister Slack

 Riding the tiniest bike ever #exchange

No comments:

Post a Comment